Wednesday, January 1, 2014

At The Charlotte Airport

Airports are one of my favorite places. A cross section of people in their own cross section of destinations. People dressed for all different occasions and weather, moving at all different speeds, speaking in various tongues.  It is a refreshing reminder that there are so many versions of humanity. . . one size will never fit all. I believe this experience will fit well in my life. I eagerly await for my flight from Charlotte to Miami. After a bit of shut eye, I will be heading to Bogota Colombia tomorrow morning. I imagine my year of teaching in Colombia will serve the twin purpose of allowing me to teach English and also learn from the students, staff, and surrounding community members. I thank my loved ones: both those who have supported my decision as your continued encouragement is invaluable, and those who have discouraged my idea as your counter advice helped me make an informed decision. Sure, I will be equipped with basic training and tools but this is truly an unwritten adventures that will bring surprises, slip-ups, frustration, and growth that I can in no way plan. Thanks for reading more pics and details to come!

1 comment:

  1. You have always had such a beautiful view of the world. You see beauty and goodness in everything around you. Even getting lost is an adventure to you. I hope you have a wonderful time, and I look forward to reading more about your adventures in Colombia. Best wishes and be safe. :)

    ReplyDelete